As we enter the last 4 days of this campaign, one word can sum up the feelings of our whole campaign team: Momentum.
Seymour hopefuls draw big crowd
""The solution lies in better jobs and as long as we're doing things like having ferries built in Europe instead of right here in North Vancouver, there's no way that we're ever going to have a chance," Hanson said, drawing a raucous round of applause."
Can a New Dem Win in North Vancouver-Seymour?
"Despite some tough odds, Jim Hanson just might pull off the biggest upset of the election."
About Jim Hanson
Born and raised in North Vancouver, Jim attended Blueridge Elementary and Windsor Secondary before attending SFU and UBC Law School. Jim also attended Wadham College, Oxford, England, graduating with a BCL degree in 1988. Jim was called to the bar of British Columbia in 1985, and is a founding partner of the firm HWM lawyers in Surrey. Jim is married to North Shore realtor Ruth Hanson, and has two children, Robert and Elizabeth, who both attend Windsor Secondary. Jim's parents live on the North Shore. Jim is a marathon runner and recently completed the Victoria Marathon (Thanksgiving weekend) in 4 hours, 42 minutes and in March, 2013, completed the Oakland marathon in California.
Advanced voting and you.
Election day is May 14th, but that doesn't mean you have to wait to cast your ballot. There are several ways that you can vote before election day:
- At the Distric Electoral Office at 126-1133 Mt Seymour Rd (Parkgate next to the A&W). You can vote anytime at the Office between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm on Saturdays.
- At advanced polls on May 8, 9, 10 and 11 between 8am and 8pm. Advanced polls will be open on these days at the following locations:
- Parkgate Community Centre - 3625 Banff Court
- North Lonsdale United Church - 3380 Lonsdale Avenue
- Karen Magnussen Rec. Centre - 2300 Kirkstone Road
Your vote could make the difference. This year every vote counts.